HOME                    ABOUT ME                    GET LOST                    MOTHERHOOD                    PERSONAL

Monday, December 16, 2013

Cold Hands Warm Hearts at Bottoms Tree Farm



I have this occasional fantasy of living on the same cul de sac as my best friends and I have visions of going places together with our kids like Bottoms Tree Farm in Cumming, GA. Lucky for me, one of those friends happens to be a crazy talented stylist who can make such visions come to life in ways you couldn't possibly fathom. Mandy, from Waiting on Martha, has been styling herself and anywhere she lives flawlessly since I've known her back in college.  So it was no surprise to learn that Mandy is now the latest contributor for Style Me Pretty Living. 


I was to the moon when she invited Aiden and I to spend the day at the farm with some other fascinating gals for a Hot Cocoa Party. Anna of In Honor of Design  (who's blog I adore) and Kristin of The Hunted Interior (who is outrageously talented..she made a Christmas tree of chalk. I am floored) were simply delightful ladies with the sweetest and cutest children in tow. It was so fun to watch our young ones become instant friends for the day. They checked out the farm, loved on the horses, and Aiden did NOT want to leave...ever. Of course this wasn't your ordinary family outing to cut down a tree. We feasted on treats that would make St. Nick himself jealous.  I am still thinking about these Mugs and Hot Chocolate Sticks provided by The Ticket Kitchen.



And did you catch that adorable Chalkboard Art on sign by the table? The talented Jessica Garvin did this and I was swooning.



Mandy effortlessly styled us from top to bottom with the help of Gap and Old Navy and it was insanely fun playing dress up for the day. In fact, Aiden insisted on wearing the exact outfit over the weekend. He especially loved this new sweater from Old Navy. Since we traveled to Illinois this past weekend my precious mittens from Gap came in super handy all the while looking cute. Dina Shelton from Stila Cosmetics did our makeup and I wish I could keep her in my back pocket all of the time.




This was a day I will always cherish because having these photos forever of Aiden and I is such a gift. The amazing Rustic White Photography. Wow! I know why Mandy adores you so much.

For more information on Mandy's recipe for Homemade Hot Cocoa with Whipped Cream (trust me, you need the recipe) click here.   Thank you again to Mandy, Rustic White and everyone who participated. I'll be back tomorrow with more pictures from our day on the farm. There were just too many to choose from right now :)

Adventure Awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment